Pretty Palms OOTD

May 15, 2017

Happy Monday, everyone!!!  How was your weekend?  Did you do anything fun?

Connie and I spent our weekend prepping for numerous future posts because I’m getting ready to leave for a job in tropical Fiji!  This will be my second year in a row for the adventure and I pinch myself every time I think about it.  Although I’d love to share with you guys why I’m going- I really, really can’t!  I am contractually bound to secrecy, which is half bad ass and also half annoying because I’m bursting at the seams with excitement over it.

So what started all of this was the moment I realized I was leaving my 20s and still had not traveled as much as I would have liked.  I’ve gone to Thailand with family and probably visited 4 other countries, max.  I never did study abroad and I never went backpacking through Europe.  Financially, I never allowed travel to take first priority because I always, always put my responsibilities first.  Last year, however, I  realized that I may never go at this rate because the life of a freelancer has always left me feeling anchored to my job, and if I did leave LA it would be to see my parents, who are my world!  So as a compromise to myself, I asked the Universe if I could somehow get paid to travel, which at the time I felt like a giddy kid who found a loophole to a parental rule lol.  A few days later I got a call for my dream job… not years, not weeks, but days later!!!  How insane is that?!  And funny enough last year was also the first time I created a ‘Vision Board,’ which further proved to myself the power of positive thinking.  Looking back now on 2016, 80% of the things I wrote down I actually manifested into reality, and the other 20% is currently on its way to fruition.  It’s not hocus pocus it is just pure FOCUS.  So if you’re interested in it, HERE is a comprehensive explanation of what a Vision Board is and how to make one!

In honor of my trip to Fiji, I decided the OOTD was going to be dedicated to the ever so tropical Palm pattern.  If you guys have not already noticed, it is EVERYWHERE, but I have found the most adorable two piece outfit that is meant for your next trip to the islands and it’s also extremely affordable!

Say hello to my new best friend, the cropped two piece!  This one is from Zara and it’s the cutest beachwear/resort wear outfit.  What I love is how comfortable it is and also the print makes me so happy!!!


The top a super easy tie front and is the perfect cover up for your two piece bathing suit.  It’s also sold separately so you can wear either the top or the shorts with other clothes from your closet.  This is so practical and versatile… you know that’s my jam!

I’m obsessed with high-waisted shorts because I have such a long torso and it balances out my frame.  It also gives the whole outfit a nice vintage appeal.  The ruffled edge along the bottom gives additional coverage for the booty.

The spots of bright red orange really pop against the print!

And don’t forget to accessorize!  Every little detail helps.  I got the bracelet from Rachel Roy and my mama gave me the 3 pinky rings.

Overall, it’s a great way to transition from the surf to the shore.

And if you’re just strolling about town, it’s also fantastic outfit for your next holiday away.  Pair it with some wedges and sunnies and you’re good to go!


Crop Top with Knot from Zara for $29.90

High Waist Shorts from Zara for $25.90

Dolce Vita (No Longer Avail) Similar Pick for $44.99

Rachel Roy Gold Tone Abalone Look Evil Eye Hand Chain for $28

Rachel Roy Gold Tone 3 Pc Set Pave Rings for $28

Palm leaf Cuff from Banana Republic for $23

Izaskunzabala Special Edition Earrings

Pineapple Large Zip Pouch from Banana Republic for $78



Soma & Ulte



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Soma & Ulte Hiatus!

May 13, 2019

Customize Your Summer Cooler: DIY

May 10, 2019

Please reload