If y'all remember we wrote an autumn bucket list HERE and since we love Christmas even more than fall I figured we had to write up a Christmas bucket list too! We hope our list will give you some ideas and all of these are perfect date night ideas all season long!
1. Take a ride on the polar express! One year I got to ride a train completely covered in lights that had a live play going on throughout all the cars of the train. It was one of the most fun and out of the ordinary things I've ever done for Christmas and I can't recommend it enough! Here's a list of polar express train rides so you can find one in your area!
2. Make an eggnog recipe! I feel like eggnog gets a bad rap, and to be honest I can't remember the last time I actually tired eggnog so I'm making this the year I give it another go! Here's a list of a bunch of yummy looking recipes.
3. Host an ugly sweater game night! Game night with your friends is already so much fun so why not add some ugly sweaters to the mix!
4. Don your favorite holiday apparel and go pick out the perfect Christmas tree
5. Go iceskating. In all honesty I just may be the worst ice skater in the world but because we're not likely to get snow around here I feel like it's the best alternative to sledding. But if you do have snow; go sledding!!
6. Decorate a gingerbread house! Even better decorate a gingerbread house with the little ones!
7. Make hot cocoa and watch all the Christmas movies you can get your hands on
8. Deliver homemade Christmas cookies to someone unexpected
9. Visit a tree lighting ceremony. I haven't been to one myself yet this year but my sister sent me a video of my nephew when they went to see one and the look on his face was priceless! Something we should all get to experience
10. Pull out the sleeping bags and camp out in the back yard or just in your living room around the tree. My mama, my sister, and I used to do this from time to time and it was the most fun thing. This is especially fun if you have youngins
11. Go see a local production of The Nutcracker
12. Take a drive to see Christmas lights. My fiancé and I have created a tradition where we make hot cocoa and monkey bread and drive around some neighborhoods that are famous for their lights here in LA. Luckily we even have a friend that lives on one of these streets so we get to hang out in all those lights for a bit.
13. Go see a Christmas boat parade!
It's actually hard to narrow down all the fun activities you can do this time of year; just make sure you get out there and check these things off your list because the time flies and it'll be the new year before you know it!
Soma & Ulte